New adventure awaits!

New adventure awaits.

I've done a huge job with Annie during the last summer and winter. All the covers got painted etc. The biggest problem after the crash was in the front. Both front tubes and triangles were bent. Luckily I found a second hand front end at eBay. Ordering stuff from Italy seemed like a bed idea but fortunately it worked fine.






















So after a very busy "last minute evening" I finally managed to get Annie on the road last September. I rode to meet a couple of other Finnish overlanders about a hundred kilometers from my home. After the test ride it was time to call it a winter and get back on working with the bike.

She turned out to look great and the front suspension works better than before the crash. I suppose it was a little bent already when I got the bike. I also installed new tires. This time I'll test Mitas E-07 both front and rear. We'll see if they last as long as Heidenau k60 scouts did.

During this week I need to get some basic maintenance done. Oils, filters, chains and sprockets for a start. Some electrical issues too, cleaning up the connections etc.

But about the oncoming adventure! The plan is to ride to northern Norway with Riku, a good friend of mine. Most of the time we'll stay in paved roads but some gravel adventures will be added.

The trip begins in July 13th and will take about a week.

Stay tuned!


Kommentit

Tämän blogin suosituimmat tekstit

Kouvola-Simo-Kautokeino-North Cape-Inari-Kuusamo-Joensuu-Kouvola

Days 173 - 176 Pensacola - Perry - Lake Wales - Florida City